Friday 4 September 2015

Toddler Knitted Snood **Free Simple Pattern**

With it now being September and Autumn being certainly upon us, I thought it would be a perfect time to give you a knitting project! Even if you are a complete beginner you will still have it ready in time for winter when your toddler needs it most! 

I consider myself a knitting beginner. I only got back into it when I first became a mum. I had learnt it in primary school, just the basics. A lovely lady I work with inspired me to start and she has really helped me along the way. Thanks Lorraine! 


The 'Toddler Snood' is a really simple piece. It will only take you a few evenings to finish. The toddler snood is unisex, just pick your colour wool to go with your child's personality. My girls love pink and purples so I went with those. The girls wore their snoods everyday in the winter and I got lovely compliments about them! Another bonus is that because they go over the head they can't be easily lost when they are out and about.

For the snood in the image I bought the wool in Dealz where it was 3 for 2, each ball of wool costing 1.49e 

Give it go! You never know you might catch the knitting bug!!
                       
   
*PATTERN*

I used 5.0mm needles
Cast on 40 stitches
I used two colours for each snood.
For the snood I used the basic knit stitch
15 lines of pink
15 lines of white 
15 lines of pink
15 lines of white
15 lines of pink
Cast off
Double over your knitting and sew together inside out to hide stitches and loose ends.
Sew the two ends together.

Let me know how you get on, I love to hear from fellow knitters! :-)

Follow us on Facebook @ Countryside Mumsie Blog
Follow us on instagram @ countryside_mumsie

Thanks for reading,

Orla & Kerri Xx

VOILA TODDLER SNOOD!




  




No comments:

Post a Comment