Tuesday 14 July 2015

Bolognese With A Twist

Today I made a new dish for the girls, it is Spaghetti Bolognese with loads of vegetables. It went down a treat with my crew, not a spoon left in each of their bowls. I normally make Spaghetti Bolognese with carrots, celery and vine tomatoes but today I used Aubergines and mushrooms for a change.
I batch cook for my children and freeze in Advent containers then label them using my label maker. From the below recipe I received 15 dinners. I take my inspiration from the Annabel Karmel book 'New Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner'.

Here are the ingredients;
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
1/4 garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
Vegetable oil for frying
450g of lean minced beef
2 tablespoons tomato purée
1 can of tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon of mixed dry herbs
2 tablespoons of plain flour
450mls of chicken stock
1 aubergine peeled and sliced small
100g of mushrooms, washed, peeled and chopped small
300g of brown spaghetti

Method;
Sauté the onions and garlic in oil until soft. Add the meat and cook until browned. Add the can of tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, flour and stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 45 minutes. Fry the aubergine and mushrooms until soft then drain any excess oil. Add them to the sauce. Cook the brown spaghetti as on instructions. Then add to the sauce. Put each dinner portion in container, label, let cool and put in freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment