Thursday 3 March 2016

Julia Donaldson Book Collection

Hey Guys,

As it is World Book Day I said I would share what we have been reading;


I recently purchased this great book collection from Julia Donaldson on Amazon. It is a brilliant collection and at a great price. I've seen one of these books at my local book shop for sale at 18e!! This collection is a steal!







Now most of you mum's will have certainly come across Julia Donaldson before, most likely through The Gruffalo. She has written many children's books. They are all so catchy! My girls can remember text very easily from her books due to the rhyming techniques she uses. The illustrations are fab too, your young reader will really love them. You know what? I love reading them out loud too! Main favourites in our house are The Gruffalo, The Gruffalo's Child, Room on the Broom, A Squash and A Squeeze, George The Giant and Paper Dolls. I know, so many favourites!

You can also get the short film of some of these books, the BBC recently produced them. I have seen them and they are lovely, well worth a watch.



Here is the link to purchase the collection;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1509801251


As an English teacher I see daily the importance of reading and getting children enthusiastic about books as early as possible. We don't go to bed without a story or two in our house, it's part of the bedtime routine.

Each of my girls have their own book shelf, they enjoy that they have their own books and respect them. We get great mileage out of books and even play bookshop regularly!

Let me know if you have this collection?
What is the favorite Donaldson book in your house?

Don't forget you can keep up to date with Countryside Mumsie on our social media accounts facebook and instagram.  


                                               


Thanks for reading!

Orla & Kerri Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment