Wednesday 7 October 2015

My Utility Room Storage Solution



My Utility Room Storage Solution

                                                                   

                                                                  


My husband and I built our house in 2013.  We had Farrah who was a small toddler and I was heavily pregnant with Georgia when I moved in to our new abode.  So much had to be done, but I was so very big and running after a toddler too! It wasn't easy!  We did get a lot done, it had to get done! 3 O'Sullivan's were becoming 4 in a number of weeks!

The way we designed the house was so that you would not walk through the utility room when you came in any door of the house.  It is a separate room off the kitchen.  I hate that in a lot of houses in Ireland people always walk into your house via the back door and straight through your utility room; which is probably the craziest room in the whole house!  This for me never made sense and it was not going to happen in my house.  I like that when people arrive you can simple close the utility room door and no one knows about the madness! 

With all the pregnancies, babies and purchasing of interiors we never got around to properly sorting out the Utility room.  It has been on our To-Do list for about a year!  We recently got the opportunity to go to Ikea for the whole day.  We took and wrote down all the measurements before we set off.  I hate clutter so I needed shelves and storage boxes for various products and laundry in the Utility room.  I now have a clutter free worktop and Utility Room! Happy days!

Here is the finished result;




What we bought;

Lack high gloss wall shelves x3
Long are 16e each
Short is 13e each

Kuggis Boxes (larger) x 6 at 8e each

Kuggis Boxes (smaller) x 3 at 3e each

Real Cactus x 2 at 3.50e each

Green pots for Cactus at 1.30e each.


Sortera with folding lid (Large) at 11e

Sortera with folding lid ( Small) at 6e

Have you sorted out your storage problems?  How?  I would love to see photos and hear all about it!

Follow us on instagram @ countryside_mumsie

Follow us on Facebook @ Countryside Mumsie Blog


Don't forget you can keep up to date with Countryside Mumsie on our social media accounts facebook and instagram.


Thanks for reading!

Orla & Kerri xx



No comments:

Post a Comment